What are we doing with the Sam Altman Saga
The last few days have been hectic. If you’re catching up, here’s a summary of the ongoing crisis at OpenAI:
• The company has published a publication. blog post Altman was fired Friday afternoon. and Board chair Greg Brockman would be stepping down. The board said Altman hadn’t been candidly communicating with them.
• Mira Murati is the interim CEO of CTO.
• Brockman later said “I quit.”
• Altman and Brockman posted an a joint statement Saying they were “shocked and saddened” by the board’s actions.
• Jakob Pachocki, Aleksander Mdry and others are reported to have quit the research field in protest. and Szymon Sidor.
• Sources said that Ilya Sutskever, Open AI’s chief scientist, was instrumental in Altman’s firing.
• Yesterday sources said The Verge OpenAI Altman was trying to get him back as CEO.
• Altman wants the board members to quit, as well. The board is apathetic and Negotiations continued past a crucial deadline of 5PM PT on Saturday.
• The Verge Heard that mass resignations would occur if a contract was not reached by 5PM PT. A deal didn’t happen, and Today, the discussions continue.
• OpenAI It is a good idea to use a bilingual translator “optimistic” It can bring Altman back. An update was expected today, according to a memo that went out last night.