Fifty-three children have died from flu-related illness so far this year, according to the CDC. The season has not yet peaked and experts say it is rivaling other severe flu seasons of the past.
- China Tech Crackdown: Xi Charts New Model After Emulating Silicon Valley – Bloomberg
- Koreas restore communication channels, agree to improve ties – POLITICO
- Alaska teen Lydia Jacoby wins gold for U.S. in upset 100-meter breaststroke – NBC News
- ‘We are now in crisis mode’: Mayor of Florida county home to Disney World sounds alarm on surging Covid cases – CNN
- Staff at a Florida hospital say they are hearing panic, fear and regret from unvaccinated Covid-19 patients – CNN