Major holidays such as Hanukkah and Christmas are included. and Kwanzaa just around the corner, it’s time to start planning who you’ll be sending gifts to. The U.S. Postal ServiceAlso, UPS and FedEx All shipping deadlines have been met to Make sure your loved ones receive their packages on time. Why is this so important? to Plan ahead this year? Shipping costs are higher than usual, especially during peak shipping seasons holiday season).
Earlier this The USPS will be celebrating its 125th anniversary in 2018. announced temporary price adjustments Find key packages products for the 2022 peak holiday season, specifically the period that began in October 2. and The shipping increases will be in effect until 12 a.m. CT January 22, 2023. These shipping increases have an impact on both commercial customers. and retail customers.
How Shipping costs: How much? this year?
Seasonal price adjustments are available starting at $0.25 to $6.50 depending upon the weight of the package and The shipping product must be up to 70 pounds, with Packages weighing 11 or more pounds experience the greatest increases.
“This seasonal adjustment will bring prices for the Postal Service’s commercial and retail customers in line with competitive practices. No structural changes are planned as part of this limited pricing initiative,” The postal service made the statement in a statement.
UPS It has its own website surcharges This will continue until further notice. These increases range between $0.05 to $0.05 to $7.00. FedEx’s surcharges Range starting at $1.50 to The package price is $68.75 but there is a $385 surcharge on certain ground services in the United States.
6 Tips to Shipping costs reduced
If you’re hoping to The holidays are a great time to cut your costs. to do so is to take a close look at how much you’re spending to Send gifts and You should look for other options or discounts that might help you save. Here are some tips to keep your costs down:
- When you are able, opt for store pickup. If the person you’re giving a gift to Driving is a possibility for those who live close to their homes. to The store to Get the item and Giving it to Instead of shipping them, you can pick them up in person to These can reduce your costs. It may take a few extra minutes, but shipping fees can add up quickly if you’re not keeping a close eye on them.
- Place an order and ship Through an online retailer If your recipient doesn’t live close enough to deliver a gift to These are the best! and The only way to get it is to ship Try to give a gift to do so directly through the retailer you’re shopping from. Many retailers offer gift wrapping and Price tag removal options and it’s often cheaper You can ship the item yourself.
- You don’t want to miss shipping deals. Many retailers will offer this service. ship You can receive your item at no cost if you reach a certain spending limit. You may want to shop through one particular retailer if possible in order to be eligible for free shipping promotions. Consider an Amazon Prime membership, which offers fast delivery and easy shopping. and Shipping is free You’ll still have to You will need to pay a fee for membership, but it is likely that you won’t. cheaper Instead of paying to ship Each gift is unique. “Some larger e-tailers, Amazon, Target, and Walmart have been known to waive their free shipping minimums during the holidays. When you visit the website, these offers will be clearly indicated,” Trae Bodge, Smart Shopping Specialist at truetrae.com. “There’s also Free Shipping Day on December 14, when many retailers not only guarantee on-time delivery for the holidays, they also often offer free shipping and sales.”
- Get your items shipped early. Deadlines for holiday Shipping costs vary by carrier to Carriers, but it’s closer to The holiday The more season it is, the more costly it will be to ship Your package. You also run the risk that your item will not arrive on time. Plan ahead and Try to ship your items out well before your preferred carrier’s holiday deadline.
- Don’t leave any shipping discounts on the table. Different credit cardholders and members receive discounts from certain carriers. UPS AAA Members Get Discounts and AARP members (pro tip: you don’t have to Retire to join). FedEx offers discounts to USAA members and American Express cardholders
- Compare rates If you prefer to Wrap and ship Do your research before you buy an item. “I would recommend using a local shipping store and asking them to compare prices between USPS, UPS, and Fedex before you decide which carrier to use,” Bodge. “In general, I find USPS to be the least expensive, especially if you use their pre-paid boxes/envelopes. Just be prepared to wait in a long line as the holidays get closer.”
EDITORIAL DISCLOSURE: Any advice, opinions or rankings contained in this The Sunday Review Recommends the contents of this article.™ Editorial team. This content was not reviewed or endorsed either by our affiliate partners or any other third party.