The Sunday Review
 — 

A military was attacked by drones plant Iran’s central city of Isfahan, Tehran Sunday,

“An explosion has occurred in one of the military centers affiliated to the Ministry of Defense,” Mohammad Reza Jan Nesari, deputy head of security in Isfahan Governorate, told semi-official Fars News Agency.

Jan-Nesari claimed that some of the damage caused by the explosion was not too severe. “but fortunately there were no casualties.”

Later, the state news agency IRNA stated that the explosion was caused by “small drones.”

“There was an unsuccessful attack by small drones against a defense ministry industrial complex and fortunately with predictions and air defense arrangements already in place, one of them (struck),” IRNA said in a post on Twitter, citing the country’s defense ministry.

“The air defense system of the complex was able to destroy two other drones. Fortunately, this unsuccessful attack killed no one and minor damage was sustained to the roof of the complex.”

According to the ministry, the attack occurred at 10:10 p.m. local.

It plant It is approximately 440 km (270 mi) south Tehran.

You can find GPS here: TehranStrategy for domestic and global relations

Over the last few years, there have been several suspicious fires and explosions around Iranian nuclear and military facilities.

In July 2020, a fire tore through the Iranian Natanz nuclear complex, a site that has been key to the country’s uranium enrichment program, in Isfahan Province, south of the capital Tehran. The Iranian authorities chose not to make public the results of the investigation into the cause of the fire, due to the privacy concerns. security concernsAccording to Iran’s Supreme Nation Security Council.

On the occasion of National Nuclear Day’s anniversary, Natanz experienced a blackout. Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization (AEOI) calling it a “terrorist action.” Israel’s army chief appeared to hint at possible Israeli involvement in the incident.

Two missiles damaged an Iranian Oil Company oil tanker that was being transported to Iran in October 2019 and hit it. Initial reports suggested that the missiles could have been launched from Saudi Arabia, however this was dismissed by a spokesperson of the National Iranian Tanker Company. Iran Government did not offer any alternative conclusions.

Earlier that year, a truck loaded with explosives detonated and struck a bus carrying members of the Iranian military’s elite Revolutionary Guard in the southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan, killing at least 23 and wounding 17. Jaish al-Adl or the Army of Justice claimed responsibility for this suicide attack.