The House select committee investigating last year’s attack on the U.S. Capitol and Donald Trump’s alleged role in it said Monday it’s weighing possible “next steps” in light of the ex-president’s refusal to comply with the proceedings.

The statement of Rep. Bennie Thompson (D.Miss.), committee chair Vice chair Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. This comes on the heels of Trump’s failure to appear at a deposition.

“His attorneys have made no attempt to negotiate an appearance of any sort, and his lawsuit parades out many of the same arguments that courts have rejected repeatedly over the last year,” Thompson and Cheney spoke Monday. “The truth is that Donald Trump, like several of his closest allies, is hiding from the Select Committee’s investigation and refusing to do what more than a thousand other witnesses have done.”

They continued with the ex-president “orchestrated a scheme to overturn a presidential election and block the transfer of power. He is obligated to provide answers to the American people.”

Trump, who has dismissed the committee’s investigation into the events surrounding the Jan. 6, 2021, riot as a “witch hunt,” A lawsuit was filed last week to block the subpoena. “long-held precedent and practice” have established that Congress can’t compel a former president to testify.

Thompson and Cheney both said that the committee was now planning its next move.

“In the days ahead, the committee will evaluate next steps in the litigation and regarding the former President’s noncompliance,” They said this Monday in their statement.

Trump also claims that he refuses to submit many documents required by the committee.