On the back of strong turnout from African-Americans and a superior campaign, Doug Jones pulled an upset that will echo into next year’s midterms.
- Thousands in U.S. march under ‘Ban Off Our Bodies’ banner for abortion rights – Reuters
- Buffalo Supermarket Shooting Leaves at Least 10 Dead – The Wall Street Journal
- Israeli police will investigate ‘events’ surrounding funeral of Palestinian journalist: Minister – CNN
- Former Australian cricket icon Andrew Symonds dies at the age of 46 – CNN
- Ukraine wins Eurovision Song Contest in wave of goodwill following invasion by Russia – CNN