Mr. Powell was confirmed by a vote of 85 to 12 to become the next Fed chair. Another Fed nominee, Marvin Goodfriend, faced sharp questions from Senate Democrats.
- U.S. and G-7 Allies Detail Infrastructure Plan to Challenge China – The Wall Street Journal
- NASA launches first rocket from Australian space center – CNN
- Colombia bullfight stands collapse, causing deaths and injuries – The Washington Post
- Noah Lyles runs down Erriyon Knighton at US track championships – The Washington Post
- Russian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe – CNN