The Sunday Review
Two Israeli settlers were shot and The following people were killed during the West Bank Sundays, Local settler leader Yossi Dagan said, calling it “an extremely serious terrorist attack.” At least one person was killed in the retaliatory attacks of Israeli settlements against Palestinians. and Many injuries.
Huwara, South of Nablus was where the shots were taken of the settlers. Israeli-occupied West Bank took place just days following a huge Israeli military attack on Nablus, in which 11 Palestinians were killed.
On Sunday, the settlers who were killed in an attack on their settlements were identified as Hillel Menachem Yaiv (21). and Yagel Yaakov Yaiv Yaniv is 19, the local settler Council said.
“We embrace the family and will be with them as much as necessary,” Shomron Regional Council (Samaria), said. They came from Har Bracha, the council leader Yossi Dagan said.
Their car crossed the median as evidenced by video. and Hit a car going in the opposite direction to indicate they were shot While driving.
According to Israel Defense Forces, (IDF), the two Israeli men who were attacked died in hospital. According to the IDF, it continued its pursuit of the attacker.
Local another settler leader He said that he was there when they met. shot.
“The shooting took place right behind me. It looked terrible – the shooting was from point blank range,” Shai Alon (head of Beit El council) said that Israel must be free. “go to war against those who wish us harm.”
Even hours later, Israelis At least one Palestinian was killed and Many others were injured by iron bars and stones. and Near Huwara are the Palestinian hospitals and Sunday night, the Ministry of Health declared.
Sameh Hamdallah Mahamoud Aktash, 37 was shot The abdomen and killed in the town of Za’tara, between Huwara and The ministry stated that Kfar Tapuach is an Israeli settlement.
Huwara was the only place where at least one person has been stabbed. and Another victim was attacked with an iron bar according to the Palestinian Red Crescent. The ambulance service was also attacked by an iron bar, according to the Palestinian Red Crescent. and Three ambulances had been prevented by the Israeli military from reaching the village.
According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, a minor injury caused by a rod of metal in the head had been reported. and One of the patients had suffered a skull injury after being struck with a piece of stone.
Two According to Palestinian media agency WAFA, about 50 stones were thrown at their fire engine by Palestinian settlers. This happened while they tried to attend to the fire in a Palestinian home in Huwara. Red Crescent reported that they had treated more than 100 cases of inhalation.
The Sunday Review found a social media video that showed several Israeli settlers walking along a main street while at least three bonfires were lit by the sides. See other photos and Videos circulated on social media showed fires in the area.
According to the Palestinian Authority Presidency, the settlers were accused of carrying out terrorist acts. “terrorist acts… under the protection of the Israeli occupation forces, in Hawara, Burin, Einabus and other areas, which resulted in the injury of more than 100 Palestinians and the burning of shops, homes, cars and other public property.”
Israeli opposition leader Yair Lpid has accused Bezalel-Smotrich, Finance Minister of the crime. leader The settlerReligious Zionism Party, based in Israel..
The events can be linked to the deconfliction negotiations between Israel and Israel and Lapid tweeted the following: “Smotrich’s militias set out to burn Hawara in order to torpedo the summit in Aqaba of Netanyahu and [Defense Minister Yoav] Gallant. This government is dangerous to Israel’s security.”
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement asking Israelis Hillel’s death should not be retaliated against and Yagel Yaniv earlier that day.
“I ask – even when the blood is boiling – not to take the law into one’s hands. I ask that the IDF and the security forces be allowed to carry out their work. I remind you that in recent weeks, they have targeted dozens of terrorists and thwarted dozens of attacks,” Netanyahu said.
IDF sends reinforcements to the West Bank “thwart terror attacks and prevent violent riots,” It was Sunday night.
The “riots” – an apparent reference to the settlers carrying out revenge attacks against Palestinians – “are being handled by the IDF, Israeli Fire and Rescue Services, Israeli Border Police and additional security forces,” According to the IDF.
Herzi Halevi, IDF Chief-of-Staff, visited the Yaniv Brothers’ site on Sunday evening shotAccording to the IDF, and “ordered the area to be reinforced with additional forces to thwart terror attacks and prevent violent riots, while increasing and expanding the efforts to capture the terrorists.”
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack on the Israeli brothers, but Lion’s Den had vowed revenge after Wednesday’s raid in Nablus.
Six people died in that attack were from the Palestinian militant group. It emerged in the area last year.
“As big as the pain filling Nablus, the occupation will taste twice the pain,” According to the group, they were referring Israel. “They will know that the fighters of the honorable groups in Nablus will not take a step back.”
Dagan, the head of the Samaria Regional Council, called after Sunday’s killings for Israel to break off ongoing security talks between Israel and Jordan and Egypt brokered the agreement with Palestinians and The United States of America says: “I demand that the Prime Minister, the Minister of Defense and all the ministers return the delegation from the idle talks in Aqaba…. We need to launch an operation against terrorism!”
After the unusual talks held on Sunday, Israeli officials and Palestinian Representatives “affirmed their commitment to all previous agreements between them, and to work towards a just and lasting peace,” In a joint declaration, they stated their agreement.
Jordanian, Egyptian, and The invitation by the Hashemite kingdom of Jordan to host the summit was extended to senior US officials.
Both sides reiterated in the joint statement that they must agree to de-escalation. and To prevent violence from occurring again.
Israel and Their confirmation was confirmed by the Palestinian Authority “joint readiness and commitment to immediately work to end unilateral measures for a period of 3-6 months. This includes an Israeli commitment to stop discussion of any new settlement units for 4 months and to stop authorization of any outposts for 6 months,” The statement was read.
All five sides agreed to meet again at Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt in March.
“Jordan, Egypt and the United States consider these understandings as major progress towards re-establishing and deepening relations between the two sides, and commit to assisting and facilitating as appropriate their implementation,” The statement was as follows: